- Job title & employment history
- Social media profiles
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode
- Preferences and interests other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather. We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping. We may use the information to improve our products and services. We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Security: We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites:
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question. Controlling your personal information You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your data & third parties:
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 & GDPR. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email to email@example.com If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Your data is transferred out of the EU due to the very nature of the Chef Associates website, we still apply the same rigorous controls, protocols and encryption.
Application date: 01 April 2019: Reference number: A8453713
Additional website resources:
The Chef Associates website uses additional resources which are called plugins. We are careful about which additional resources we use and only implement them from trustworthy sources.
- Forminator Forms: When visitors or users submit a form, we capture the IP Address for spam protection. We also capture the email address and might capture other personal data included in the Form fields. This data is then retained on Chef Associates server for 30days or until it has been processed and transferred to the database.
- Beaver Builder: In terms of GDPR, Beaver Builder products do not collect any personal information from your users.
- PressTigers Job Board: Only when there is an application submitted is the data held for processing. This includes, but not exclusive to: Name, address, contact details, employment history, employment eligibility, NI number or UTR number. This data is then retained on Chef Associates server for 30days or until it has been processed and transferred to the database.