Interim Chef required for food led pub in Somerset as Snr Chef, there is NO accommodation available.
The ideal candidate will be able to work on their own or with an apprentice and to support the owners & manager. The main revenue stream for the pub is Sunday lunch, which has quite a following (most Sundays are booked up now into December).
The position is fixed days off; Monday & Tuesday. They also run a smaller version of the evening menu for lunch, mainly consisting of sandwiches, Fish & Chips & burgers. The evening menu replaces the sandwiches with more casual dining dishes like Braised Pork belly & Sirloin Steak.
This is for a relaxed casual dining, food-led venue from 16th October until possibly into 2020, or until a permanent replacement is found.
- Lunches – average 15-20 covers
- Friday & Saturday evenings – 30-40 covers
- Sunday lunch – 50-60
- Rate: £16 per hour, invoice directly to the client
- Travel one way paid once
- Food: Relaxed Casual dining
- Assignment details: Start 16th October, On-going
- Double time on all bank holidays
- Must have Intermediate Food Hygiene qualification as a minimum
APPLICANT REQUIREMENTS: If applying for this position, please supply:
- Must be Self Employed & registered with HMRC as such
- Supply a UTR or relevant Company number.
- a FULL & CURRENT cv,
- a contact phone number & email address,
- and TWO references (which will be contacted to check the veracity of the documents supplied).
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK/EU,
- Declaration of any criminal convictions, in line with the ‘Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974’
All applications received will be contacted by Chef Associates, who are operating as an Employment Agency for this role which is for a permanent position. In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of the eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment