My client is a boutique food led hotel in a picturesque part of the Midlands, which has had some serious investment. The multi-million pound part one of the refurbishment was completed last year and phase two is now under way.
They looking for a new Sous Chef to support the Head chef, and are looking for somebody who has ambition and is willing to contribute new ideas. As it’s a hotel the ideal candidate will need to be organised, effectively multi-task and be a great problem solver.
Although this client has consistantly held multiple rosettes over a long period, they would like to continue to evolve their offering.
Minimum of 5 years working at a 2/3 rosette level, or above, in a senior role.
- Food style & offering: Modern, with use of classical flavour combinations across all outlets
- Consistantly receives critical acclaim & looking for more recognition.
PACKAGE ON OFFER:
- Salary: £30,000pa
- Hours: 50 per week, on average
- Days: Working 5 days out of 7 per week, potentially moving to a 4 day week
- Shifts: Currently operating on a mixture of split & straight shifts, but aimming to move to all straight shift patterns.
- Holidays: 28 days per year
- Highly motivated, and able to motivate & lead a team.
- Financially astute with a good understanding of expenses and food cost
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with staff, managers, clients both verbally and written English.
- Implement company Health & Safety policy and full responsibility for Food Safety Policy
- Minimum of 5 years working at a 2/3 rosette level, or above, in a senior
- Experience in delivering quality products from fresh produce
- Must have Intermediate Food Hygiene qualification as a minimum
APPLICANT REQUIREMENTS: If applying for this position, please supply:
- a FULL & CURRENT cv,
- a contact phone number & email address,
- and TWO references (which will be contacted to check the veracity of the documents supplied).
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK/EU,
- Declaration of any criminal convictions, in line with the ‘Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974’
All applications received will be contacted by Chef Associates , who are operating as an Employment Agency for this role which is for a permanent position. In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of the eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.