My client is a great operation in South Wales which is expanding organically, none of this crowdfunding rubbish for them. This year will see them open their smokery with further expansions planned for the future. This is a very produce, artisan led operation.
They currently have a vacancy for a Sous chef in their main kitchen, which is run by a Head chef with serious Michelin experience. Currently the business is a mixture: a Fine dining restaurant; a informal Brasserie; Weddings & functions, but also with a work life balance. There is no food on Sundays and currently the business is closed for lunch, although this may change during the course of this year.
The Owners: Are keen to give back to the industry, which they view as brutal and unforgiving at times. To this end they are will to support their employees with sharing the cost of counseling etc and Chef Associates have waived their usual fee to aid this placement.
BUSINESS OVERVIEW :
- Food style & offering: Modern including foraged plants
- Brigade: small, so this is a hands on position
- Guides: Currently listed in all the major guides, award winning in many.
SKILLS REQUIRED :
- Highly motivated, and able to maintain a stable persona under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to interact with staff, managers, both verbally and written English.
- Implement company Health & Safety policy and full responsibility for Food Safety Policy
- Minimum of 5 years working at 2/3 rosettes, or above, with a stable career path.
- Experience in delivering quality products from fresh produce.
- Pastry experience would be preferable
- Application is more important than experience.
- Must have Basic Food Hygiene qualification as a minimum.
- Must have an eligibility to work in the UK/EU, and be able to supply documented evidence to support this.
PACKAGE ON OFFER :
- Salary: £25,000 pa
- Meals on duty.
- Working schedule is 5days from 7, per working week.
- Live in accommodation available on a free basis, if required
- 4 Weeks paid holiday.
All applications received will be contacted by Chef Associates , who are operating as an Employment Agency for this role which is for a permanent position. In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of the eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.