My client is a boutique hotel run by a proven couple of hospitality operators, who have a track record of investing in their staff.
They looking for a new Junior Sous Chef, which could eventually lead to promotion within the company. This role is for a proven Sous chef who is looking for their first step into management. They will need to have great organisational skills, with a willingness to embrace the owner’s philosophy and lead from the front when required.
The owners have an incredible drive to make their food outlets high quality and offer that X factor to stand out from the crowd. They have already been recognised by local & county press for their approach to their new business.
Minimum of 3 years working at a 1/2 rosette level, or above, in a senior role.
- Food style & offering: Modern, with use of classical flavour combinations across all outlets
- Food outlets are informal & casual.
- Already received critical acclaim & looking for more recognition.
PACKAGE ON OFFER:
- Salary: up to £25,000pa
- Hours: 45-50 per week, on average
- Extras: Tips & 10% Bonus
- Accommodation: Live in is available
- Holidays: 28 days per year
- Highly motivated, and able to integrate into a team of 7 chefs.
- Financially astute with a good understanding of expenses and food cost
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with staff, managers, clients both verbally and written English.
- Implement company Health & Safety policy and full responsibility for Food Safety Policy
- Minimum of 5 years working at a 1/2 rosette level, or above.
- Proven track record with logistics & man management.
- Experience in delivering quality products from fresh produce.
- Must have Intermediate Food Hygiene qualification as a minimum
APPLICANT REQUIREMENTS: If applying for this position, please supply:
- a FULL & CURRENT cv,
- a contact phone number & email address,
- and TWO references (which will be contacted to check the veracity of the documents supplied).
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK/EU,
- Declaration of any criminal convictions, in line with the ‘Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974’
All applications received will be contacted by Chef Associates, who are operating as an Employment Agency for this role which is for a permanent position. In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of the eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.