Our new client has a great property and is looking for a new Head chef. The main emphasis is about quality using locally sourced produce. So the ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a high level of cooking coupled with an in depth knowledge of local seasonality.
The mantra here is ‘ a simple thing done well’, they aren’t looking for flamboyance and outrageous combinations. We are talking about relaxed informal dining, which is award winning.
This has the potential for a first head chef position for an experienced Sous chef.
BUSINESS OVERVIEW :
- Food style & offering: Relaxed informal dining, modern classics
- Brigade: 5 chefs and Kitchen porters
- Guides: Currently listed in all the major guides, award winning in many.
SKILLS REQUIRED :
- Highly motivated, and able to maintain a stable persona under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to interact with staff & management; both verbally and written English.
- Implement company Health & Safety policy and full responsibility for Food Safety Policy
- Minimum of 5 years working at 2 rosettes or above, with a stable career path.
- Experience in delivering quality products from fresh produce.
- Application is more important than experience.
- Must have Basic Food Hygiene qualification as a minimum.
- Must have an eligibility to work in the UK/EU, and be able to supply documented evidence to support this.
PACKAGE ON OFFER :
- Salary: upto £37,000 pa DOE.
- Tips: currently £2,600 pa on average
- Bonus structure: £5,000 – Divided between 3 main criteria
- Working schedule: 5 days from 7, per working week.
- 4 Weeks paid holiday.
All applications received will be contacted by Chef Associates , who are operating as an Employment Agency for this role which is for a permanent position. In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of the eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.