Our new client has a great property and is looking for a new Head chef. The main emphasis is about quality using locally sourced produce. So the ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a high level of cooking coupled with an in depth knowledge of local seasonality.
The mantra here is ‘ a simple thing done well’, they aren’t looking for flamboyance and outrageous combinations. We are talking about relaxed informal dining, which is award winning.
This has the potential for a first head chef position for an experienced Sous chef.
BUSINESS OVERVIEW :
- Food style & offering: Relaxed informal dining, modern classics
- Brigade: 5 chefs and Kitchen porters
- Guides: Currently listed in all the major guides, award winning in many.
PACKAGE ON OFFER:
- Salary: £35,000pa DOE
- Bonus: £5,000pa – Kitchen management & performance
- Days: Working 5 days out of 7 per week.
- Holidays: 28 days per year
- Highly motivated, and able to motivate & lead a team.
- Financially astute with a good understanding of expenses and food cost
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with staff, managers, clients both verbally and written English.
- Implement company Health & Safety policy and full responsibility for Food Safety Policy
- Minimum of 5 years working at a 2/3 rosette level, or above, in a senior
- Experience in delivering quality products from fresh produce
- Must have Intermediate Food Hygiene qualification as a minimum
APPLICANT REQUIREMENTS: If applying for this position, please supply:
- a FULL & CURRENT cv,
- a contact phone number & email address,
- and TWO references (which will be contacted to check the veracity of the documents supplied).
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK/EU,
- Declaration of any criminal convictions, in line with the ‘Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974’
All applications received will be contacted by Chef Associates , who are operating as an Employment Agency for this role which is for a permanent position. In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of the eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.