My client is a boutique caterer with a blue chip customer base.
They are looking for a new Head Chef. This role could be for a strong Sous chef who is looking for their first step into management. They will need to have great organisational skills, with a willingness to embrace the owner’s philosophy and customer-centric attitudes.
The owners have multiple food outlets across several counties and have already been recognised by local & national press for their innovative approach to their core business. A minimum of 5 years working at a 1/2 rosette level, or above, in a senior role would be a distinct advantage.
- Food style & offering: Modern, with use of classical flavour combinations across all events
- Will be involved with 90 weddings this year, plus prestigious corporate client events.
- Already received critical acclaim & looking for more recognition.
PACKAGE ON OFFER:
- Salary: £34,000 – £36,000pa
- Hours: 50 per week, on average
- Days: Mon-Fri 8am-5pm if no weekend work, otherwise Tuesday to Saturday, occasional evening work.
- Holidays: 28 days per year
- Highly motivated, and able to motivate & lead a team of chefs.
- Customer-centric flexibility is a priority, meeting and exceeding their expectations.
- Financially astute with a good understanding of expenses and food cost
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with staff, managers, clients both verbally and written English.
- Clean driving license
- Implement company Health & Safety policy and full responsibility for Food Safety Policy
- Minimum of 5 years working at a 1/2 rosette level, or above, in a senior position
- Proven track record with logistics & man management.
- Experience in delivering quality products from fresh produce.
- Must have Intermediate Food Hygiene qualification as a minimum
APPLICANT REQUIREMENTS: If applying for this position, please supply:
- a FULL & CURRENT cv,
- a contact phone number & email address,
- and TWO references (which will be contacted to check the veracity of the documents supplied).
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK/EU,
- Declaration of any criminal convictions, in line with the ‘Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974’
All applications received will be contacted by Chef Associates, who are operating as an Employment Agency for this role which is for a permanent position. In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of the eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.