My client is a boutique hotel on the Welsh borders which has had some serious investment.
They looking for a new Head chef. This role could be for a strong number two who is looking for their first kitchen stewardship. They will need to organised, with clear vision & strategy to stabilise, then move the business forward.
The kitchen space itself is a large area, equipped with all the toys that give chefs wet dreams: Pacojet, water baths, Vac-pacs, Thermomix & Vitaprep. There are also some locally hand made plates to serve your latest creations. There is also a well-tended kitchen herb garden for the ideal candidate to utilise whilst liaising with the hotel Gardener.
- Food style & offering: Modern, with use of classical flavour combinations across all outlets
- Restaurant covers: 40
- Bar covers: 35
- Highly motivated, and able to motivate & lead a team of 4/5 chefs.
- Financially astute with good understanding of expenses and food cost
- Excellent communication skills with ability to interact with staff, managers, clients both verbally and written English.
- Implement company Health & Safety policy and full responsibility for Food Safety Policy
- Minimum of 5 years working at a 1/2 rosette level, or above, in senior position.
- Experience in delivering quality products from fresh produce
- Must have Intermediate Food Hygiene qualification as a minimum
PACKAGE ON OFFER:
- Basic salary up to £30,000 dependant on experience for the ideal candidate
- 28 Days holiday etc
APPLICANT REQUIREMENTS: If applying for this position, please supply:
- a FULL & CURRENT cv,
- a contact phone number & email address,
- and TWO references (which will be contacted to check the veracity of the documents supplied).
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK/EU,
- Declaration of any criminal convictions, in line with the ‘Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974’
All applications received will be contacted by Chef Associates , who are operating as an Employment Agency for this role which is for a permanent position. In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of the eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.